Looking for an easy way to keep in touch with website visitors? Learn how to use Brevo’s WordPress newsletter plugin to grow your audience.
Email marketing helps you connect with online visitors. It’s a great way to build an audience, whether you’re a blogger or an ecommerce store. But when it comes to growing your newsletter subscriber list, how do you know where to start?
That’s where a WordPress newsletter plugin comes in. Add one to your website to collect email subscribers and reach a wider audience.
See for yourself in this step-by-step tutorial. We’ll show you how to create a newsletter in WordPress using Brevo’s plugin. Read on to find out more.
Why you need a WordPress newsletter plugin
WordPress newsletter plugins allow you to build eye-catching popups and contact forms. They’re how you create a newsletter on WordPress and are the perfect tool for email list building. Use them to turn WordPress website visitors into loyal subscribers.
The best WordPress newsletter plugins can also help improve your email marketing strategy. Send a newsletter with WordPress to:
- Engage leads with targeted content
- Drive traffic back to your website with new posts and blog updates
- Boost conversions with sales and promotions
How to choose a WordPress newsletter plugin
When it comes to choosing a WordPress newsletter plugin, you’ll find dozens of options. Some email marketing services offer their own plugins. Others are designed specifically for WordPress.
Here a few things to consider:
- Pricing. Newsletters plugins can be free or paid. Each WordPress user has different needs. Opt for a premium version for more advanced features, list sizes, or sending volumes.
- Scope. Some plugins only allow you to add a signup form to your website. That means you’ll have to combine it with other plugins for more email marketing features. Instead, consider a WordPress newsletter plugin with advanced functionality.
- Deliverability. Keep your newsletters out of the spam folder. Start by installing a plugin that has a reliable email delivery service.
- GDPR compliance. It’s good practice to make sure your newsletters comply with the GDPR. Some newsletter plugins have built-in support for GDPR compliance through consent checkboxes and double opt-in forms.
Don’t know where to start? Try Brevo’s WordPress newsletter plugin. Sign up for the free version to get 300 emails per day and unlimited subscribers.
Design beautiful campaigns with Brevo’s free newsletter templates and drag-and-drop editor. Brevo helps your emails land in the inbox every time.
How to set up a newsletter plugin on WordPress
Ready to get started? Here’s how to set up Brevo’s newsletter plugin on your WordPress site.
- Install the Brevo WordPress newsletter plugin
- Connect your website to Brevo
- Add a newsletter subscription form
- Create your newsletter campaign
- Monitor your campaign results
1. Install the Brevo WordPress newsletter plugin
Setting up Brevo’s newsletter plugin on your WordPress site is quick and easy.
First, install the plugin by following these steps:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard as an administrator.
- Go to Plugins in the sidebar menu, then Add New.
- Search Brevo to find the plugin Newsletter, SMTP, Email marketing and Subscribe forms by Brevo.
- Click Install Now, then Activate.
Once installed, the Brevo tab will appear in your WordPress sidebar menu. Click on it to continue with the plugin setup.
2. Connect your website to Brevo
Now that you have installed the plugin, connect your WordPress website to Brevo:
- In the sidebar menu, go to Brevo, then Home.
- In the Access Key field, enter your API v3 key. Follow these instructions to find your API key in your Brevo account.
- Click Login.
Don’t forget to synchronize your WordPress contacts
The synchronization of existing WordPress contacts is not automatic. To do this manually, click on Brevo in the sidebar menu. Then click on Sync my users. This will synchronize your WordPress email contacts with your Brevo account.
3. Add a newsletter subscription form
The next step is to add an email subscription form to your WordPress site. This form will let site visitors opt-in to receive your newsletter. The easiest way to create a subscription form is with Brevo’s form builder.
First, use the form builder to create an email signup form. Customize the form fields and design with the drag-and-drop editor. Or, edit the HTML & CSS directly.
Then, embed your Brevo newsletter subscription form on your WordPress website.
Here’s how to add a signup form to your website’s sidebar or footers:
- In the WordPress sidebar menu, go to Appearance then Widgets.
- In the Inactive widget section, click the Brevo Widget. Then drag it to your desired sidebar or footer.
- If necessary, update the widget title and choose the subscription form you want to use.
- Click Update.
Now website visitors can use this subscription form to sign up for your newsletters!
4. Create your newsletter campaign
Send your subscribers an attention-grabbing newsletter with Brevo.
Here’s how to create a newsletter in WordPress using the Brevo platform:
- Go to your Brevo account dashboard.
- Click on Create an email campaign.
- Fill out the campaign details, such as the campaign name, contact list, and subject line.
Then use the drag-and-drop editor to create responsive HTML emails — no coding skills needed. Simply build your newsletter with the ready-to-use blocks. Don’t forget to add in your email copy and customize the layout.
5. Monitor your campaign results
After you send your newsletter, it’s important to monitor its performance. Use the WordPress plugin to check key metrics (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, and bounces).
Here’s how to access your email campaign statistics:
- In the sidebar menu, go to Brevo, then Statistics.
- Set up a time period.
- Click Apply.
Use this data to study what kind of content works best for your subscribers. Tracking your newsletters’ performance can also help you troubleshoot issues and improve your email marketing strategy.
Try Our WordPress Newsletter Plugin for Free
Boost your newsletter strategy with a top-notch email service provider. Use Brevo’s WordPress newsletter plugin to turn website visitors into loyal subscribers.
Brevo also offers powerful tools to drive your email marketing efforts. Send targeted newsletter campaigns with email list segmentation. Then improve your strategy with automation, A/B testing, and more.
Sign up for a free plan to start sending newsletters with Brevo today.