Klaviyo is one of the most popular email marketing services out there. It can be a powerful tool for ecommerce — but its pricing and features might not suit every business.
It’s always smart to check what Klaviyo alternatives are out there. Comparing prices and capabilities will help you choose the best tool for your own needs.
We’ve selected the top email marketing solutions that can be called Klaviyo competitors in terms of features and pricing plans. Check out the price comparison table and explore how each one compares to Klaviyo to decide whether or not to switch.
What are the top Klaviyo alternatives?
Here are a few of the best alternatives to Klaviyo:
What Klaviyo offers
It’s primarily an email marketing service.
- Ecommerce focused
- SMS Marketing
- Reports — focused on revenue, not email metrics
- Predictive analytics — predict certain customer metrics and attributes
- Email templates
- Integrations with all major ecommerce platforms, special focus on Shopify
- Mobile push (beta)
- Product reviews (only for Shopify users)
This is an overview of Klaviyo’s pricing for different contact list sizes. This is only for email sending, texting comes on top.
|Contacts||Up to 250||300||1,000||2,500||5,000||10,000||25,000|
|Price / month||free||$20||$30||$60||$100||$150||$400|
Here are a few reasons you might consider Klaviyo alternatives:
- Steep pricing: Emails and SMS to 10,000 contacts a month will cost you $185. If you have or want to grow to a large contact list, the price can be prohibitively high.
- Limited SMS: Only available in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Less support: Customer reviews often mention dissatisfactory customer support and insufficient onboarding — only 60 days of email support on the free plan! After that you have to pay to get help.
- Complexity: It might have features that your small business doesn’t need to pay for.
- Lacking omnichannel: While the email and SMS offer might be overloaded, other channels are missing.
- Not a good fit: If you don’t run an ecommerce store where email campaigns can pay for themselves, it might be too expensive for its worth. And because of its high price, complexity, and a tendency to push you to talk to sales, it feels more like an enterprise solution.
The best Klaviyo alternatives to switch to
This is a price comparison table of the top alternatives to Klaviyo. It looks at the monthly price of sending email marketing campaigns only. Keep in mind that each platform provides different features (e.g. automation, logo removed) at different price tiers.
*Prices above are based on pricing pages accessed in July 2023, and take email plans for the closest possible comparison to Klaviyo.
Now, let’s look at how each competitor compares to Klaviyo to help you choose.
1. Brevo: the best Klaviyo alternative
Brevo is the best Klaviyo alternative to switch to if you want the same extensive features at a better price.
It’s an all-in-one digital marketing platform, a full CRM suite, offering a lot more than Klaviyo. It combines email marketing and automation tools (incl. transactional emails), SMS marketing, WhatsApp marketing, Sales Platform, Live chat, Web push notifications, Ecommerce analytics, Appointment scheduling, and Landing page and Signup forms builder.
Brevo as an email marketing platform has all email features you can find in Klaviyo:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email builder
- Email personalization through dynamic content (merge tags)
- A/B testing
- Library of free, responsive email templates
Other features provided by Brevo:
- Multichannel automation tools (email + SMS + WhatsApp + contact management) and advanced workflow builder (branching logic, any events can be used as a trigger)
- Pre-built automation flows (abandoned cart, product purchase, welcome message, interaction with a campaign, anniversary or birthday, etc.)
- Advanced segmentation for your contact lists
- Signup forms to grow your list (Brevo doesn’t charge by list size!)
- Transactional emails (can be customized and made to look beautiful)
- Integrations with Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Shopware, nopCommerce
- Appointment scheduling functionality for meetings integrated with the email and Sales Platform
What Brevo offers that Klaviyo doesn’t
- Attractive pricing: Brevo doesn’t charge you for your contact list size. You pay only for the number of emails sent to unlimited contacts.
- Dedicated transactional email capability: Klaviyo lets you send those through the email marketing automation, which is not ideal for deliverability and might take too much time. In contrast, Brevo offers you four ways to make sure your customers get those essential emails on time: a dedicated SMTP server (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol), API, ecommerce plugins, or automation. Pick the best option for your website and business!
- Email testing and previews: Test campaigns on different email clients.
- Send Time Optimization: send email campaigns at the best time for each individual contact.
- Additional marketing channels: Enhance the customer experience with live chat, landing pages, WhatsApp, push notifications, and more.
Why switch from Klaviyo to Brevo?
First and foremost, Brevo’s a much budget-friendlier Klaviyo alternative, while providing comparable service and tools. It even offers a generous free plan! See a simple price comparison:
Other reasons to switch from Klaviyo to Brevo are:
- Klaviyo is aimed at ecommerce stores. For service-based businesses, consultants, SMBs, offline businesses, or businesses with a longer sales process, Brevo can better answer your needs.
- If you run a small business, non-profit organization, or otherwise want to engage your audience rather than sell directly, Klaviyo won’t pay for itself. Brevo is more suitable for sending mass emails to unlimited contacts to engage them at a better price.
- As a CRM suite, Brevo also gives you access to a full Sales Platform with pipeline management, deal tracking, and tasks — perfect for sales teams.
- All multichannel tools are integrated and work together.
- Brevo offers unlimited customer support via email — even to free users!
And to help you switch absolutely hassle-free, we offer a free integration to migrate your data from Klaviyo. Create your free account and you’ll be able to access it in our App store.
Here’s a detailed comparison of Brevo vs. Klaviyo to help you decide.
Mailchimp offers all core email features and is wildly popular. Its ease of use is great for beginners just starting out with email marketing software.
Some noteworthy features are:
- Import of branding elements from your site for easy and quick customization of email campaigns
- Predicted demographics
- Website builder, forms and landing pages
- Send time optimization
- Surveys for gathering feedback
- Subject line helper
- Benchmark to peers
A few cons of Mailchimp:
- No SMS marketing offered
- Ready-to-use email templates are available only on paid plans
- Advanced features like dynamic content are only available on more expensive plans
Mailchimp vs Klaviyo pricing
Like Klaviyo, Mailchimp’s pricing isn’t based on the number of emails you send as much as the number of contacts you store. For those just starting out, this isn’t much of a problem. But once your business grows, you’ll quickly have to upgrade your plan.
For ecommerce businesses, note that Mailchimp changes transaction fees on all purchases it handles in addition to making its users foot the credit card processing fees. To avoid this, consider these Mailchimp alternatives.
Other than that, Mailchimp is more affordable than Klaviyo (see table above), especially if you don’t sell online.
If you have a small business, non-profit, or organize events, Constant Contact might be the Klaviyo alternative for you.
In addition to essential features such as a drag-and-drop editor and subject line A/B testing, it lets you collect feedback, request donations, and ask for RSVPs in emails. You can also manage events and even collect email addresses on the spot through Constant Contact’s integration with Eventbrite.
A landing page builder is available for both lead generation and shoppable product display. CC doubles as a social media scheduling tool, too. You can post on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and monitor performance and engagement.
If you’re looking for a more affordable alternative to Klaviyo, though, be warned that if you sell anything online, Constant Contact charges you 1.5% of all your online sales on top of the subscription plan. That’s a lot for ecommerce businesses! The good thing is you can take up their 30-day trial to see if you like it enough.
ActiveCampaign is yet another Klaviyo alternative. It tries to position itself as a marketing automation platform for small businesses, non-profits, tech companies, bloggers, real estate, and more, but mostly highlights its ecommerce functionality.
Regardless of your industry, you can take advantage of ActiveCampaign’s advanced automation features that let you set up complex sales funnels with conversion goals such as webinar sign-ups. This can be a challenge for beginners as much as it’s useful. Luckily, ActiveCampaign’s big library of pre-built automations and email templates can help.
Additional features include live chat and sales tools like pipeline management for companies with complex sales processes.
Two reasons to choose it instead of Klaviyo:
- ActiveCampaign’s SMS marketing works outside of the USA.
- They offer you a price lock for 2 years, which gives you some room to grow your email list before you have to move to a higher tier.
Omnisend also positions itself for online stores. It offers email, SMS, and automation just like Klaviyo. It’s also closest to it in terms of pricing.
Omnisend has most features an ecommerce marketer would need under one roof:
- Pop-ups and forms
- Push notifications
Its best feature is the ability to create multichannel automations, including email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, push notifications, and Google retargeting. Omnisend also offers a wheel of fortune sign-up form.
One downside of it is that there’s a limit on the number of emails that can be sent despite the pricing being tied to email list size. For example, with 5,000 contacts you can only send up to 60,000 emails unless you upgrade.
Drip is another close Klaviyo competitor. It is also focused on SMS & email automations (as the name suggests) for ecommerce businesses.
It offers ready “playbooks” or automation workflows for most common ecommerce scenarios such as abandoned carts and welcome series. Powerful segmentation and advanced split testing let you run as many different campaigns as you can think of. Drip’s point-and-click visual email editor might be an inconvenience if you’re used to the drag-and-drop editor offered by Klaviyo and most other email marketing tools.
However, overall, compared to Klaviyo, Drip possibly has a friendlier interface. The pricing of the two is comparable, especially for bigger contact list sizes.
Campaign Monitor is a user-friendly Klaviyo alternative. Its main focus is a drag-and-drop design tool that lets you create beautiful emails and email automation for optimal customer journeys.
Campaign Monitor also connects with your website, apps, and other sources to pull customer data to be used in campaigns. It also provides detailed email analytics to help you improve campaign performance. A nifty little feature Campaign Monitor has is Link Review — it checks your emails for broken links so you can update them.
It’s worth mentioning that Campaign Monitor offers delivering each email at one and the same local time across geographies. Last but not least, they do have transactional email capabilities.
Ready to switch to a Klaviyo alternative?
Klaviyo’s digital marketing tools can help you grow your online business. However, one of Klaviyo’s biggest disadvantages is its price.
While it’s a comprehensive tool, you can find cheap email marketing services that offer the same features. Even better, why not switch to a free Klaviyo alternative?
Get started with email marketing for free
Free Brevo plan includes access to all core email features, 300 emails/day, 40+ email templates, signup forms, chat and unlimited contacts!